Compact Dry – Easy-to-Use, Compact Microbiology Test Plates.
Compact Dry is a ready-to-use test method which helps to reduce the time needed to perform microbial testing. Therefore, it allows maximum productivity by increasing efficiency. The plates can be used to test raw materials as well as finished products like food, beverage, meat, cosmetic or other samples. The Compact Dry plates can also be used as a contact plate for difficult areas using the Compact Dry swab.
Compact Dry is an easy-to-read results test method. Place 1ml of sample onto the plate, the liquid samples will self diffuse evenly over the whole plate. Incubate the plates at the temperature specified in the package inserts. The grown colonies are pigmented with different colours, developed by chromogenic substrates and redox indicators. The type of bacteria is identified by its colour. For further investigation bacteria can be easily selected.
Compact Dry is also an easy-to-store test method. The plates can be kept at room temperature for up to two years and can be used over an incubation temperature range of 20 – 42°C.
Compact Dry is a very safe and convenient product. Its rigid structure allows for easy transportation and an unlimited number of units can be stacked safely in an incubator. The risk of contamination of the medium is eliminated by using the covering lid.
Additionally membrane filters can be tested using Compact Dry plates. Filter 1ml water or any other liquid using an ordinary membrane filter (e.g 47 mm, 45 µm), then pipette 1 ml of sterile water into the middle of the Compact Dry plate and place the filter on the Compact Dry plate. The filter should be trap side up. Colonies will grow on the filter.
Compact Dry TC (Total Count)
Bacteria form red colonies
Compact Dry TC is a medium for total viable bacterial count, which contains nutrient standard agar. The colonies grown on Compact Dry TC are red due to redox indicator tetrazolium salt.
Regression line data from Compact Dry TC method plotted versus the conventional PCA method (standard plate count agar) shows a good correlation per 100 food samples for the population of me-sophilic aerobic micro-organisms. Compact Dry TC is AOAC, MicroVal and NordVal approved.
Compact Dry ETB for Enterobacteriacae
Using Compact Dry ETB it´s very easy to detect Enterobacteriacae. It´s substrates allows the easy differentiation of theEnterobacteriacae from other groups.
Compact Dry YM for yeast and mould
With Compact Dry YM yeasts and mould can be differentiated by colour development. The medium contains the chromogenic enzyme substrate X-Phos which turns blue with many yeasts. Moulds form fluffy colonies with a characteristic colour. Antibiotics inhibit the growth of bacteria. The Compact Dry YM allows a very good 3-dimension growth of yeast and mould. Compact Dry YM is AOAC approved.
Compact Dry EC (E.coli and coliforms)
Bacteria form blue and red colonies
Compact Dry EC is a medium for E.coli and coliforms. The medium contains two kinds of chromogenic enzyme substrates: Magenta-Gal and X-Gluc. E.coli forms blue colonies. The total coliform group count is the sum of both the red and blue colonies.
Regression line data from Compact Dry EC method plotted versus the conventional VRBA method (violet red bile agar) shows a good correlation per 50 food samples for the population of coliforms. Compact Dry EC is AOAC approved.
Compact Dry SL for Salmonella
Compact Dry SL detects salmonella using 20 – 24 hour pre-enrichment cultures. The plates are based on the combination of three different test principles:
1. Allalization of the medium, by Salmonella´s lysine decarboxylase ability(the medium colour will change from blue-purple to yellow);
2. Greening of the colony, caused by decomposition of chromogenic substrate with a specific enzyme of Salmonella (black colonies are generated by hydrogen sulphide producing
3. the motility of Salmonella.
Compact Dry Swab for surfaces, meat and dry areas
- Unscrew the orange swab and wipe a defined surface area.
- Put the swab back into the tube and screw tightly. Shake the tube and invert to mix.
- Unscrew the cap of the tip. By pressing the middle of the tube squeeze all solution (1ml) on the Compact Dry plates.
- If necessary prepare further series of 10 times sample dilution, and inoculate 1ml each in the middle of Compact Dry plates.
Dilution Rack-MRD for Compact Dry Product
Dilution rack for easy Serial Dilutions
The Dilution Rack contains 128 wells of 9 ml sterile NaCl. By pipetting 1 ml from one well to the next, it allows easy and fast 10-fold dilutions of your samples.
– Insert the Opener into the aluminium seal and pierce two holes. The opener can be decontaminated using either an alcohol solution/wipe or by placing directly into a flame.
– Dispense 1 ml of the specimen with a clean pipette into the holes.
– Insert a second pipette into the second hole and homogenize the specimen.
– Remove 1 ml of the homogenized specimen and place it onto the Compact Dry plate.
– To dilute further, repeat the above steps.
– Each vial contains 9 ml Phosphor buffered Saline.
– Can be stored anywhere at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- Poultry Farming related to regulations for Gallus Gallus & Turkey
- Other Productions poultry ( Duck, Guinea Fowl, Free Range, Cages Layers, Hatchery, breeders, laying hens and broiler chickens…….) Fish Farming
Health in FOOD PROCESSING, Pathogenic Germs & Total Bacterial Count Monitoring
- Testing the Environment – After disinfection, During Production
- Testing Raw Material or Product
STERILE DEVICES FOR SAMPLING
SODIBOX Swab Cloth – Chiffonette
- Swab Cloth Size > 900cm2 ( EU Regulations)
- Does not drip, fray or tear
- Unwoven, consistent smooth or honeycombed structure
- Sample is representative of the tested surface
- Collects quality with strong fixation of germs
- Fast Release of sample in pre-enrichment broth
Distilled Water or Tryptone Salt – for Testing during Production- premoistened devices are obligatory for regulated sectors, for other sectors Duck, Guinea Fowl, Pig devices are available without diluent (DRY)
Buffered Peptone Water at 10% neutralizing Agent – for testing after disinfection
SWAB CLOTH or STERISOX can be supplied pre-moistened or dry, packed in a sampling bag and available with or without accessories.