Compact Dry LS is a ready to use, chromogenic plate for detection of Listeria spec.
Viable count in water or liquid foodstuff
Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) on the middle of the Compact Dry plate.
Viable count in solid foodstuff
Add buffer solution to the sample and homogenize by stomacher®. Drop 1 ml of specimen (dilute if necessary) in the middle of the dry sheet of the Compact Dry plate.
Viable count in swab test specimen
Use the swab to wipe the surface, put into the device with wiping solution. Drop 1 ml of wiping solution (dilute if necessary) in the middle of the Compact Dry plate. It is recommended to use ‘Swab for Compact Dry’ Id-No. 1 002 952/3 (40/240 pieces).
- It is known that Listeria ivanovii tends to grow slowely and Listeria seeligeri tends to be inhibited in this plate.
- A combination of selective agents in the medium inhibit the growth of other bacteria.
- High concentrations on plates will cause the entire growth area to become red/pink. In this case dilute the sample.
- After use please follow the current disposal regulations.
- Compact Dry plates are produced at an ISO 9001 certified site.